Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou (25 June 1963 – 25 December 2016), known professionally as George Michael, was an English singer, songwriter, record producer, and philanthropist who rose to fame as a member of the music duo Wham! He was best known for his work in the 1980s and 1990s, including hit singles such as "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" and "Last Christmas", and albums such as Faith (1987) and Listen Without Prejudice Vol. 1 (1990).
Michael sold more than 100 million records worldwide. His debut solo album, Faith, sold more than 20 million copies worldwide. Michael achieved seven number one singles in the UK and eight number one songs on the Billboard Hot 100 in the US, including "Careless Whisper" and "Praying for Time". He ranks among the best-selling British acts of all time, and in 2008 he was ranked 40th on Billboard's list of the Greatest Hot 100 Artists of All Time. Michael won various music awards throughout his 30-year career, including three Brit Awards—he won Best British Male twice, four MTV Video Music Awards, four Ivor Novello Awards, three American Music Awards, and two Grammy Awards from eight nominations. Michael, who came out as gay in 1998, was an active LGBT rights campaigner and HIV/AIDS charity fundraiser.
Tracks played on 107.1 Rugby FM
107.1 Rugby FM are not responsible for any of the content in YouTube videos appearing on this website.
- George Michael - Careless Whisper (Official Video)
- George Michael - Faith (US Version)
- George Michael - One More Try
- Top 10 Best George Michael Songs
- George Michael - Freedom! '90
- George Michael - Father Figure
- James Corden Reflects On George Michael and How He Inspired Carpool Karaoke
- George Michael Died 25-12-2016 - Last Filmed Interview (2011) After Hospital Release