Janet Damita Jo Jackson (born May 16, 1966) is an American singer, songwriter, dancer and actress. Known for a series of sonically innovative, socially conscious and sexually provocative records, as well as elaborate stage shows, television and film roles, she has been a prominent figure in popular culture for over 30 years.
The youngest child of the Jackson family, Jackson began her career with the variety television series The Jacksons in 1976 and went on to appear in other television shows throughout the 1970s and early 1980s, including Good Times and Fame. After signing a recording contract with A&M Records in 1982, she became a pop icon following the release of her third studio album Control (1986). Her collaborations with record producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis incorporated elements of rhythm and blues, funk, disco, rap, and industrial beats, which led to crossover success in popular music. In addition to recognition for the innovation in her records, choreography, music videos, and prominence on radio airplay and MTV, she was acknowledged as a role model for her socially conscious lyrics.
Tracks recently played on 107.1 Rugby FM
107.1 Rugby FM are not responsible for any of the content in YouTube videos appearing on this website.
- Mariah Carey speaks to Janet Jackson about New Year's Eve (w/ Celine Dion and Britney Spears)
- Janet Jackson - That's the Way Love Goes
- Janet Jackson - Dammn Baby (Music Video)
- Janet Jackson - All For You (Full)
- Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation
- PROOF that JANET JACKSON was with Bobby Brown & MORE #NEWEDITION Back story
- Janet Jackson - The Pleasure Principle
- Janet Jackson - Together Again (Official Video)